Skip to main content

Nagyon Friss Vagy

Hey everyone!! This was a great week so listen up!!
A photo from a kind couple who was visiting Cluj for a work conference.


We are really trying to increase our teaching pool and to get the people we are already working with to progress more. Because of that we enjoyed having a few lessons and finding some really great people who are truly interested in our message. We have really been working hard with our man Robert as he is on the path towards baptism. We had a really important lesson about feasting upon the words of Christ and how doing so will help him quench the fiery darts and the mighty storm of the adversary. We focused on this because he was losing the spiritual refresh he always received in lessons and he wanted to have a way to retain that refresh he obtains in our lessons. So we taught him that studying the scriptures, prayer to Heavenly Father, and partaking of the sacrament are critical points in having the Spirit to be with us all the time. Unfortunately, he didn't come to church the next day, but he texted us later in the day saying he was on the wrong path and that he truly needed to start feasting upon the words of Christ. Because of that, he read 9 chapters in the Book of Mormon, Mosiah 1-9, and he called us saying he felt a peace and happiness from reading and a sorrow and pain from the realization of his sins, which led to his strong desire to repent. We really want to keep this up and help him through the repentance process and for him to come to church so he can be prepared for May 25th. I have so much confidence and hope that this will go through and he will be baptized.

We also had some great experiences finding people. We tried sport contacting this weekend and we met these two guys, Tudor and Rares, and after defeating them in basketball, we started talking and getting to know each other and we were able to talk about our purpose as missionaries and they were very open about religion and wanted to hear our message and we established to meet this weekend. It's really cool to see how new methods of contacting and finding really do lead to success. We really want to diversify our finding and use members much more, especially returning members. We also want to start using our talents to find new people. We also have a huge push as a district and as a zone to improve with finding so this week should be the start of something great!

With this new focus of finding through returning members, we have been going through the member list to find members that have not been contacted very much and try to bring them back. We asked President Kiss for suggestions and he gave us a few names and now it's just the action part. We have a plan to establish a day in the week to just focus on returning members and then find new people from going to their places. I'm excited and it's something new that we want to try.

Christ is our Saviour and He truly loves each and every one of us. Never forget that. I love you all and I wish that you all have a great week!!

Va iubesc,
Elder Bowen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Ultimo, Sfârşitul, My Final Curtain

Hello all you people! For those playing at home, this is my final email that I will send as a missionary. So this email will definitely be a good one! We had a solid week here in Pitesti. We had a really good lesson with Tata Sandu where we read from Alma 7, which testifies of Jesus Christ and the importance of faith and repentance and being baptized. His health keeps him from coming to church, but he really is interested and wants to hear our message. It seems that right when we arrive, he wants to read from the Book of Mormon, which is a sign of eagerness to learn and feast upon the words of Christ. Hopefully Elder Rawhouser can continue to help his desire grow and maybe help him enter the waters of baptism. We made it a priority this week to work with members, especially to strenghten up Mihai the recent convert. This week we focused on temples on watched some videos on what goes on in the temple and what all of it means. He liked it and now we want that to be his goal to go...

Weekly words and seeing God's hand in the work.

In 2018 Elder Bowen’s dad started asking a set of questions.   First it was “What is an interesting word or phrase you have learned in Romanian?”   Later, was added, “How have you seed God’s hand in your life or the life of your friends?”   Lastly, the question, “What is something interesting you have learned about Romania?”.   These are all compiled below. 6/25/2018 A freca menta - literally means rub the mint but it's a phrase that means to waste time 7/2/2018 Mi-am dat seama – I realized 7/16/2018 A supraviețui – to survive I have definitely seen God's hand in my life every time I study in the morning, because it seems like every time I do it, it leads to something that I really needed to study for the rest of the day. 7/23/2018 A infaptui – to accomplish I saw God's hand when he touched our man Felix at church. He told me he really enjoyed church and I can tell he is really progressing. He's read up to Alma 50!!!!! 7/30/2018 a ...

Lamps and Pizza

Well hello all you cool people! This week was pretty sweet as usual! Listen up carefully! Tuesday was a pretty normal day to say the least. I had to have a doctors appointment for my visa and that was the weirdest appointment ever. I couldn't understand anything the doctor was saying and I kind of just sat there. But I am healthy!!! Later that day, Elder Dixon and I went block knocking and we met this woman named Dorina. She was very friendly and let us in and we talked with her about families. She then showed us her collection of trinkets and one of them was a little lamp. She talked about it and then out of the blue she told us that she wanted us to have it. This small, Aladdin type lamp. Definitely a weird gift but hey I will take it!   Little lamp given to me by Dorina, a woman we met Wednesday we met another woman named Pina and she is a very interesting person. She is a very sad woman because of all the hardships she has gone through. We were able to talk to he...