Skip to main content

Mr. Muscle and the Giant

Hey everyone!!! It was a pretty great week!!!!

We had an awesome lesson this week with Szabolcs again and he's really moving along quite well. We met and he shared that he had read the first 11 chapters in the Book of Mormon already and we spent the lesson following up and answering his questions. He has a lot of questions of understanding and because of that, he has a desire to continue to read which has been awesome to see. He really wants to come to church, but is afraid because it is in Romanian and he is Hungarian. But once we reassured him that there are other members that speak Hungarian, he said he has no problem coming then. I hope we can get him to church and continue to teach him, hopefully about the Plan of Salvation next because that's where his questions have been leading him, but I have a great hope for the future.

We are still focusing on working with members to find new people and helping them come to church and it's been really great. We are still doing Come, Follow Me with Emil and because of that, he came to church once again, even though he worked that morning as well. He bolted to the church and managed to be there for a little bit. It was awesome to see him and he's really liking the Come, Follow Me program in our meetings. We're trying to help him do missionary work as well, but that's still a struggle. We're hoping, however, that our meetings help him grow confidence to share the Gospel with those around him. Nevertheless, I love him and I love being able to work with him and see him grow as we have been meeting with him.

We also had an exchange with the elders from Sibiu this week and I was with Elder Church. It was a great time and we just rocked the day! We went sports contacting and met some pretty cool people by just playing basketball. A few were interested in learning more about what we believe so hopefully we can start something with these people and get them coming to church!! But we found awesome people and had great lessons as we tried to bring souls unto Christ!!

I really love the words of the great hymn "Rise Up, O Men of God" which say...

Rise up, O men of God!
Have done with lesser things.
Give heart and soul and mind and strength
To serve the King of Kings.

May we rise up as men and women of God to serve with our heart, soul, mind, and strength the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the Prince of Peace, the Bread of Life, the Good Shepherd, the Lamb of God, the Light and Life of the World, our Savior and Redeemer, even Jesus Christ. I love you all and I hope you have a great week!!!

Va iubesc,
Elder Bowen
Romanian National Opera, Cluj-Napoca

Assumption Cathedral in Cluj

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Ultimo, Sfârşitul, My Final Curtain

Hello all you people! For those playing at home, this is my final email that I will send as a missionary. So this email will definitely be a good one! We had a solid week here in Pitesti. We had a really good lesson with Tata Sandu where we read from Alma 7, which testifies of Jesus Christ and the importance of faith and repentance and being baptized. His health keeps him from coming to church, but he really is interested and wants to hear our message. It seems that right when we arrive, he wants to read from the Book of Mormon, which is a sign of eagerness to learn and feast upon the words of Christ. Hopefully Elder Rawhouser can continue to help his desire grow and maybe help him enter the waters of baptism. We made it a priority this week to work with members, especially to strenghten up Mihai the recent convert. This week we focused on temples on watched some videos on what goes on in the temple and what all of it means. He liked it and now we want that to be his goal to go...

Weekly words and seeing God's hand in the work.

In 2018 Elder Bowen’s dad started asking a set of questions.   First it was “What is an interesting word or phrase you have learned in Romanian?”   Later, was added, “How have you seed God’s hand in your life or the life of your friends?”   Lastly, the question, “What is something interesting you have learned about Romania?”.   These are all compiled below. 6/25/2018 A freca menta - literally means rub the mint but it's a phrase that means to waste time 7/2/2018 Mi-am dat seama – I realized 7/16/2018 A supraviețui – to survive I have definitely seen God's hand in my life every time I study in the morning, because it seems like every time I do it, it leads to something that I really needed to study for the rest of the day. 7/23/2018 A infaptui – to accomplish I saw God's hand when he touched our man Felix at church. He told me he really enjoyed church and I can tell he is really progressing. He's read up to Alma 50!!!!! 7/30/2018 a ...

Lamps and Pizza

Well hello all you cool people! This week was pretty sweet as usual! Listen up carefully! Tuesday was a pretty normal day to say the least. I had to have a doctors appointment for my visa and that was the weirdest appointment ever. I couldn't understand anything the doctor was saying and I kind of just sat there. But I am healthy!!! Later that day, Elder Dixon and I went block knocking and we met this woman named Dorina. She was very friendly and let us in and we talked with her about families. She then showed us her collection of trinkets and one of them was a little lamp. She talked about it and then out of the blue she told us that she wanted us to have it. This small, Aladdin type lamp. Definitely a weird gift but hey I will take it!   Little lamp given to me by Dorina, a woman we met Wednesday we met another woman named Pina and she is a very interesting person. She is a very sad woman because of all the hardships she has gone through. We were able to talk to he...