Skip to main content

Being Taught By Their Mothers

Hello all you happy people!!!! This was a really great week over here in Cluj. A lot of things have been happening for us as we are teaching our friends, finding new friends, helping our returning members come back, and helping fellow missionaries out on exchanges.


We had a great opportunity to teach a guy named Szabolcs this week. He's from Romania, but his parents are Hungarian and he speaks Hungarian better than Romania. We had a good first lesson with him about the Restoration and he was asking great questions from the soul about many other aspects of the gospel, like the plan of salvation and the commandments. He was really open to learn and when we gave him a Book of Mormon and invited him to read it, he gladly took it and wanted to read it. He has a busy schedule because he is a doctor, but we've been keeping good contact and it's been really great! We hope to keep meeting with him as much as possible and get him to church so his progression can continue.

We unfortunately had to drop our baptismal date with Robert because he did not come to church and we just weren't able to meet with him at all this week. It's pretty rough and I think his desire has slowly began to dwindle, but we hope that we can meet up with him again this week and be able to help him stay energized by the Spirit. I'm hoping to get back in contact with him and help him get back on track towards baptism again.

We really focused this week on working with returning members and it worked really well. We met with Emil twice this week and established that we want to do Come Follow Me with him. He's was up for it and our first go at it was really great! We went over Luke 15, which is all about the lost sheep, lost coin, and prodigal son. It was really cool to discuss the questions from the manual and Emil was getting really involved which was great! And then at the end we asked him if he knew any person who was lost and needed to be found and he gave us a name of a member that is also returning that he thinks would be good to try. It was really cool because he had never given us a referral with a name before and this time it took like 3 seconds for him to think of a name and it was great! The Spirit was strong and I hope we can continue to find success through Come Follow Me.

I had this awesome exchange this week with Elder Kutchinsky, a great missionary serving in Arad. He's from Arizona and is a super cool guy. We did some great things, had great lessons, and even became loyal Mega Image followers (see picture with green cards). It was a fun day with him and I hope for the best for him back in Arad.

Well, yesterday was Mother's Day and it was a great opportunity to send appreciations to all the mothers out there. It reminds me of the Stripling Warriors of old who "had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them." We are all blessed to have mothers that look after us and teach us the correct ways of life and how we can return back to God. I am so blessed and thankful for such a great mother who did exactly that and I hope you all are too. So go and have a great week and know that God loves you very much!!! Go and rock the world!!

Va iubesc,
Elder Bowen







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Ultimo, Sfârşitul, My Final Curtain

Hello all you people! For those playing at home, this is my final email that I will send as a missionary. So this email will definitely be a good one! We had a solid week here in Pitesti. We had a really good lesson with Tata Sandu where we read from Alma 7, which testifies of Jesus Christ and the importance of faith and repentance and being baptized. His health keeps him from coming to church, but he really is interested and wants to hear our message. It seems that right when we arrive, he wants to read from the Book of Mormon, which is a sign of eagerness to learn and feast upon the words of Christ. Hopefully Elder Rawhouser can continue to help his desire grow and maybe help him enter the waters of baptism. We made it a priority this week to work with members, especially to strenghten up Mihai the recent convert. This week we focused on temples on watched some videos on what goes on in the temple and what all of it means. He liked it and now we want that to be his goal to go...

Weekly words and seeing God's hand in the work.

In 2018 Elder Bowen’s dad started asking a set of questions.   First it was “What is an interesting word or phrase you have learned in Romanian?”   Later, was added, “How have you seed God’s hand in your life or the life of your friends?”   Lastly, the question, “What is something interesting you have learned about Romania?”.   These are all compiled below. 6/25/2018 A freca menta - literally means rub the mint but it's a phrase that means to waste time 7/2/2018 Mi-am dat seama – I realized 7/16/2018 A supraviețui – to survive I have definitely seen God's hand in my life every time I study in the morning, because it seems like every time I do it, it leads to something that I really needed to study for the rest of the day. 7/23/2018 A infaptui – to accomplish I saw God's hand when he touched our man Felix at church. He told me he really enjoyed church and I can tell he is really progressing. He's read up to Alma 50!!!!! 7/30/2018 a ...

Lamps and Pizza

Well hello all you cool people! This week was pretty sweet as usual! Listen up carefully! Tuesday was a pretty normal day to say the least. I had to have a doctors appointment for my visa and that was the weirdest appointment ever. I couldn't understand anything the doctor was saying and I kind of just sat there. But I am healthy!!! Later that day, Elder Dixon and I went block knocking and we met this woman named Dorina. She was very friendly and let us in and we talked with her about families. She then showed us her collection of trinkets and one of them was a little lamp. She talked about it and then out of the blue she told us that she wanted us to have it. This small, Aladdin type lamp. Definitely a weird gift but hey I will take it!   Little lamp given to me by Dorina, a woman we met Wednesday we met another woman named Pina and she is a very interesting person. She is a very sad woman because of all the hardships she has gone through. We were able to talk to he...