Skip to main content

Deja Vu




Hey everyone this week was a really fun week with some big things going on. Listen up!





So the first big news is that I will be leaving Bucuresti after one transfer once again. Sad day, but I will be going to another great city called Timisoara. It's a city in the west and I've heard it is absolutely beautiful! I'll be with Elder Atkinson once again so that'll be really fun. I'll be leaving again, but I know that the Lord has a plan for me so this will be a really fun transfer nonetheless.


We had a good lesson this week with a guy named Alex that we met the week before. He has problems and wants peace in his life so we felt like teaching him the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how following Jesus Christ will help us feel happiness and peace in our troubled lives. We committed him to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and he already started reading which is super cool! He came to church and he said he really enjoyed it which is super awesome! Even though I'm leaving, he should be in good hands for the future.

We also were blessed to see the 5th baptism here in Bucuresti in 7 weeks and that was super awesome! We had our man Theodore come and he said he liked it. He had questions of course but we discussed everything and I took the opportunity to teach him more and more to help his understanding grow. That was a great experience and I hope that he continues to search for understanding and truth.




This transfer was a huge blessing for me and I feel energized and ready for this next transfer in Timisoara. The Lord has a plan for each of us and he wants us to be happy, even if we go through hard times. A fellow missionary out here told me to improve everyday, no matter what. It doesn't matter who you are and what you do because we all have flaws and we all have the need of improvement. Keep working hard to improve the little things so you can do the big things. Never ever give up!! I love you all and I wish for only the best for you all! Rock the world!!!!





Va iubesc,
Elder Bowen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Ultimo, Sfârşitul, My Final Curtain

Hello all you people! For those playing at home, this is my final email that I will send as a missionary. So this email will definitely be a good one! We had a solid week here in Pitesti. We had a really good lesson with Tata Sandu where we read from Alma 7, which testifies of Jesus Christ and the importance of faith and repentance and being baptized. His health keeps him from coming to church, but he really is interested and wants to hear our message. It seems that right when we arrive, he wants to read from the Book of Mormon, which is a sign of eagerness to learn and feast upon the words of Christ. Hopefully Elder Rawhouser can continue to help his desire grow and maybe help him enter the waters of baptism. We made it a priority this week to work with members, especially to strenghten up Mihai the recent convert. This week we focused on temples on watched some videos on what goes on in the temple and what all of it means. He liked it and now we want that to be his goal to go...

Weekly words and seeing God's hand in the work.

In 2018 Elder Bowen’s dad started asking a set of questions.   First it was “What is an interesting word or phrase you have learned in Romanian?”   Later, was added, “How have you seed God’s hand in your life or the life of your friends?”   Lastly, the question, “What is something interesting you have learned about Romania?”.   These are all compiled below. 6/25/2018 A freca menta - literally means rub the mint but it's a phrase that means to waste time 7/2/2018 Mi-am dat seama – I realized 7/16/2018 A supraviețui – to survive I have definitely seen God's hand in my life every time I study in the morning, because it seems like every time I do it, it leads to something that I really needed to study for the rest of the day. 7/23/2018 A infaptui – to accomplish I saw God's hand when he touched our man Felix at church. He told me he really enjoyed church and I can tell he is really progressing. He's read up to Alma 50!!!!! 7/30/2018 a ...

Lamps and Pizza

Well hello all you cool people! This week was pretty sweet as usual! Listen up carefully! Tuesday was a pretty normal day to say the least. I had to have a doctors appointment for my visa and that was the weirdest appointment ever. I couldn't understand anything the doctor was saying and I kind of just sat there. But I am healthy!!! Later that day, Elder Dixon and I went block knocking and we met this woman named Dorina. She was very friendly and let us in and we talked with her about families. She then showed us her collection of trinkets and one of them was a little lamp. She talked about it and then out of the blue she told us that she wanted us to have it. This small, Aladdin type lamp. Definitely a weird gift but hey I will take it!   Little lamp given to me by Dorina, a woman we met Wednesday we met another woman named Pina and she is a very interesting person. She is a very sad woman because of all the hardships she has gone through. We were able to talk to he...