Skip to main content

Home

Hey everybody, just a little email about this past week. Nothing huge happened as I prepped to go home and leave the mission world. Packing was fun, definitely forgot a few things, but all was well when I went from Pitesti to Bucuresti. I had a fun day with my boys in Bucuresti before having my last meetings with President and Sister Hettinger and my fellow departing missionaries. Then it was time to go and let me tell you it was a pretty interesting trip from Bucuresti to Iowa. I traveled alone from Amsterdam to Minneapolis because the rest of the missionaries went straight to Salt Lake City, leaving this Iowa boy alone for 8 hours on cross Atlantic flight. But flying went well and I made it home safe and sound!

Now I'm back here in America and life has been good. I had Olive Garden as my first meal, Incredibles 2 as my first movie, and then had a fun open house where I could see most of my friends and loved ones. I also got to see a baptism my first day back so the work is still moving forward!! And then I gave my homecoming talk and it was a good feeling to be back in the ward family. Even though English is killing my butt, I'm loving it back here and I can only be grateful for the time I was able to spend in Romania. Thank you all for the love and support and I can't wait to see you all and get in contact (which is harder than I expected hahaha). Love you all and I wish for the best!

(Elder) Cole Bowen









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebration!!

Sweater Weather! HEYY everyone! This week was a week to celebrate about so listen up!!! Tuesday was the highlight of the week for sure!! We had a lesson with this man named Gelu and it was super awesome! When I was with Elder Dixon, we met this man on the street and taught him the Restoration. He loved it and accepted a baptismal invitation. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get in contact with him afterwards and we dropped him sadly. BUT, he called us this week and said he was super sorry for the lack of communication and he told us he really wanted to change his life for the better. So we decided to meet up and taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And the lesson was absolutely amazing!! He loved it, we felt the Spirit, and we felt it was right to extend an invitation for baptism. Gelu will be baptized on February 24th in Galati and we are so pumped and excited for him. We even called President Hettinger and told him the news and he was just as pumped. It was really an

HammocKINGS

HammocKings! Hey guys this was a crazy week on so many levels!!!! Tuesday was a pretty packed day. We had 3 lessons with 3 investigators and they all went well. Our first was with Mihai and we helped him try and get back on that path towards baptism. He's been kinda flaky and this lesson was to really help him get back on track. We then had a lesson with Victoria and this was one of the highlights. We taught her about the Restoration and reestablished those expectations that we have for her. Turns out she has read from the Book of Mormon and is starting to see the similarities of the Bible and the Book of Mormon. She is starting to really progress and only big things are going to happen. We then taught Catalin a little about faith. This is what we really want to focus with him if he is ever going to progress any time soon. Overall, it was a bomb day! Am I real? Wednesday we had a slightly worse day as we only had 2 lessons to teach. The first was with Mihai ag

Tochitura

Hey everyone, this one a pretty good week for us in Pitesti! First off, we had a super awesome lesson with Erika, a returning member, and her boyfriend Peli. We've been pushing for something like this for a while and we finally got it! We taught the Restoration and Peli really liked it. He agreed to read the Book of Mormon and seems like a really sincere guy. And it also helped out Erika to have a greater desire to come back to church, especially since she'll be the example for Peli. I really think this is the best way for people to come unto the church and i think we'll see some huge success with this couple! We also had a really cool lesson with Amber! We've been following up with her about reading the Book of Mormon and we finally had a Restoration lesson. It was really cool to teach her and ask questions because she answered them in such simple ways that the Spirit was helping testify of everything! We also watched the Restoration video and just to sit and w