Skip to main content

Rice, Sushi, and Soy Sauce

Hey everybody, awesome week, full week, happy Elder Bowen :)

We have had some great lessons and moments while helping our friends come closer to Christ. Gabriel is back on his high point and watched General Conference even though he was sick and he absolutely loved it. He watched the Sunday Morning Session when President Nelson spoke and he absolutely was touched. He truly felt the Spirit and we let him know that those good, peaceful feelings were from the Spirit. He has a testimony of the prophet and I think this will be a stable part of his progression and his desire to be baptized. But we really want to let him know that he must be in this for the long haul, not just to say he was baptized. That will really be the kicker and we will see how that goes when we meet with him this week. We also had another great General Conference experience with Robert. We had a lesson actually today and we watched President Nelson's talk as well and it was so perfect for him. He is starting to understand the difference between salvation and exaltation and why we are wanting to meet with him so much. He now has a plan to watch a talk a day, starting tonight which is super awesome! And we committed him not only to watch, but to watch with a question personal to his progression and to pray before each talk. He even said the closing prayer in our lesson for the first time, which is just a sign that he really does want this and that he is willing to pay the price to get there. It'll be a great week just talking to him and seeing how these talks will bless his life.

We went on a great exchange with the Elders in Timisoara and they are doing a great job over there. Very balanced work, finding people, working with members, helping the branch be self-reliant. I was with Elder Froerer and he is doing good things, especially with his younger companion. We met some cool guys, like this guy from New York with a British teacher who has a grandmother in the royal family in Austria, but isn't anymore because they married a commoner from Romania. Now he's in Timisoara studying and wants to learn more about the Book of Mormon. Oh the people you will find #GodBlessFerndiand

So General Conference happened this weekend and oh my it was amazing. I think it was because I simply went in with a prayerful heart, a question in my mind, and a desire to learn and to grow from this experience. I could share all my thoughts and notes, but a couple things stuck with me. President Henry B. Eyring talked about sustaining and he said one of the things we could do to best sustain our leaders is to do what they say right when they say them. Put them into practice, be proactive in the growth process. We shouldn't just be laid back and wait to see what happens, no, we must do these things in order to receive the full blessings. And then President Russell M. Nelson shared that we must choose to follow Christ now because time is running out. So my invitation to you all are to watch General Conference, listen to the talks and the music, and receive your own personal revelation to what you must do in order to grow and be better. I also invite you to act now, don't wait to be acted upon. You will see greater blessings when you DO. I love you all and I hope you have a great week out there in the world! GO AND DO!

Va iubesc,
Elder Bowen




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Ultimo, Sfârşitul, My Final Curtain

Hello all you people! For those playing at home, this is my final email that I will send as a missionary. So this email will definitely be a good one! We had a solid week here in Pitesti. We had a really good lesson with Tata Sandu where we read from Alma 7, which testifies of Jesus Christ and the importance of faith and repentance and being baptized. His health keeps him from coming to church, but he really is interested and wants to hear our message. It seems that right when we arrive, he wants to read from the Book of Mormon, which is a sign of eagerness to learn and feast upon the words of Christ. Hopefully Elder Rawhouser can continue to help his desire grow and maybe help him enter the waters of baptism. We made it a priority this week to work with members, especially to strenghten up Mihai the recent convert. This week we focused on temples on watched some videos on what goes on in the temple and what all of it means. He liked it and now we want that to be his goal to go...

Weekly words and seeing God's hand in the work.

In 2018 Elder Bowen’s dad started asking a set of questions.   First it was “What is an interesting word or phrase you have learned in Romanian?”   Later, was added, “How have you seed God’s hand in your life or the life of your friends?”   Lastly, the question, “What is something interesting you have learned about Romania?”.   These are all compiled below. 6/25/2018 A freca menta - literally means rub the mint but it's a phrase that means to waste time 7/2/2018 Mi-am dat seama – I realized 7/16/2018 A supraviețui – to survive I have definitely seen God's hand in my life every time I study in the morning, because it seems like every time I do it, it leads to something that I really needed to study for the rest of the day. 7/23/2018 A infaptui – to accomplish I saw God's hand when he touched our man Felix at church. He told me he really enjoyed church and I can tell he is really progressing. He's read up to Alma 50!!!!! 7/30/2018 a ...

Lamps and Pizza

Well hello all you cool people! This week was pretty sweet as usual! Listen up carefully! Tuesday was a pretty normal day to say the least. I had to have a doctors appointment for my visa and that was the weirdest appointment ever. I couldn't understand anything the doctor was saying and I kind of just sat there. But I am healthy!!! Later that day, Elder Dixon and I went block knocking and we met this woman named Dorina. She was very friendly and let us in and we talked with her about families. She then showed us her collection of trinkets and one of them was a little lamp. She talked about it and then out of the blue she told us that she wanted us to have it. This small, Aladdin type lamp. Definitely a weird gift but hey I will take it!   Little lamp given to me by Dorina, a woman we met Wednesday we met another woman named Pina and she is a very interesting person. She is a very sad woman because of all the hardships she has gone through. We were able to talk to he...