Skip to main content

Don't Bernie Me!

Hey guys, this was a killer week over here in the great country of Romania!

This was a pretty good week! It felt super short because I wasn't in Cluj the entire week, but it was good overall. We have been really focusing on strengthening our investigators by following up and keeping daily contact with them. It's been extremely evident with Gabriel how it's impacted him. He just entered into the Book of Enos now and he came to church once again! This time he wore a suit and button up shirt and that was super awesome to see. He's struggling, however, with his trust in God and believing that God truly loves him. Because of that, he has been distancing himself from us and that's been kind of rough to handle. But we will still pray for him and continue to look for opportunities to serve him. The daily contact has also been huge for Robert. He is reading in 2 Nephi and even though he doesn't understand everything, he knows he needs to read and pray to receive an answer from God. Now, heading into this new week, we really want to have a very balanced approach to finding, involving members and English and also finding through our own efforts.

Speaking of members, we have been looking for a revamp on our member work, because our members on our 3 member plan have either left the country for reasons or they cannot meet at all this month. So we focused our branch council on finding members that are in spiritual need and President Kiss recommended us a few members and we are super excited to start meeting these members and help them come back unto Christ. We also established some meetings with the Branch President and we'll continue to work with him so we can be a blessing and a support to the branch.

So the reason I wasn't in Cluj for most of the week was because I was at MLC with Elder Kemeny and that was awesome! I was good to see everyone and to discuss about how to help the missionaries in our respective zones. We then had a skype call with our zone and it's a good feeling to be so unified as a zone. We are rocking it out here and we are ready to blow people's minds!

God loves us so much. There is no possible way God doesn't love us. He has given us so much and I know that each thing is because he wants us to be happy and safe and healthy and to have peace and joy and love in our lives. I may not be fluent in Romanian, I may not have the most day to day success, but I am happy. It reminds me of the great Ammon of old who said..."And we have entered into their houses and taught them, and we have taught them in their streets; yea, and we have taught them upon their hills; and we have also entered into their temples and their synagogues and taught them; and we have been cast out, and mocked, and spit upon, and smote upon our cheeks; and we have been stoned, and taken and bound with strong cords, and cast into prison; and through the power and wisdom of God we have been delivered again." (Alma 26:29). So never forget that God loves you. He truly does and will help you through every aspect of your life if you trust in him. I love you all and I hope that you guys have a great week!!!

Va iubesc,
Elder Bowen




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Ultimo, Sfârşitul, My Final Curtain

Hello all you people! For those playing at home, this is my final email that I will send as a missionary. So this email will definitely be a good one! We had a solid week here in Pitesti. We had a really good lesson with Tata Sandu where we read from Alma 7, which testifies of Jesus Christ and the importance of faith and repentance and being baptized. His health keeps him from coming to church, but he really is interested and wants to hear our message. It seems that right when we arrive, he wants to read from the Book of Mormon, which is a sign of eagerness to learn and feast upon the words of Christ. Hopefully Elder Rawhouser can continue to help his desire grow and maybe help him enter the waters of baptism. We made it a priority this week to work with members, especially to strenghten up Mihai the recent convert. This week we focused on temples on watched some videos on what goes on in the temple and what all of it means. He liked it and now we want that to be his goal to go...

Weekly words and seeing God's hand in the work.

In 2018 Elder Bowen’s dad started asking a set of questions.   First it was “What is an interesting word or phrase you have learned in Romanian?”   Later, was added, “How have you seed God’s hand in your life or the life of your friends?”   Lastly, the question, “What is something interesting you have learned about Romania?”.   These are all compiled below. 6/25/2018 A freca menta - literally means rub the mint but it's a phrase that means to waste time 7/2/2018 Mi-am dat seama – I realized 7/16/2018 A supraviețui – to survive I have definitely seen God's hand in my life every time I study in the morning, because it seems like every time I do it, it leads to something that I really needed to study for the rest of the day. 7/23/2018 A infaptui – to accomplish I saw God's hand when he touched our man Felix at church. He told me he really enjoyed church and I can tell he is really progressing. He's read up to Alma 50!!!!! 7/30/2018 a ...

Lamps and Pizza

Well hello all you cool people! This week was pretty sweet as usual! Listen up carefully! Tuesday was a pretty normal day to say the least. I had to have a doctors appointment for my visa and that was the weirdest appointment ever. I couldn't understand anything the doctor was saying and I kind of just sat there. But I am healthy!!! Later that day, Elder Dixon and I went block knocking and we met this woman named Dorina. She was very friendly and let us in and we talked with her about families. She then showed us her collection of trinkets and one of them was a little lamp. She talked about it and then out of the blue she told us that she wanted us to have it. This small, Aladdin type lamp. Definitely a weird gift but hey I will take it!   Little lamp given to me by Dorina, a woman we met Wednesday we met another woman named Pina and she is a very interesting person. She is a very sad woman because of all the hardships she has gone through. We were able to talk to he...