Skip to main content

It's Like 2 Marshmallows in a Sea of Licorice

In front of the church in Cluj

Merry Christmas!!!!!!! I hope this day is a wonderful one!!

Elders Dahl, Church, Bowen, Kemeney in Sibiu for Christmas

It's been a really great week for us, both in Timisoara and in Cluj. In Timisoara, we had a great couple of days to properly send me off! The greatest story was that Elder Strobel and I went bloc knocking for the first time in a long while. While we were doing so, we didn't knock any doors and we found 2 new friends!! What happened was that we rang their number outside the bloc, they answered and when we got to their floor, they opened the door straight up and let us in. Inside was a 70 year old man named Octavian who spoke English and really wanted to practice his English with us. So we went in and talked with him and his wife, Aurelia. As we were talking, we got to share about the Book of Mormon and we shared the Restoration and the Spirit was super strong!! They wanted a Book of Mormon so we gave them one and they wanted to come to church!! So that was a great way to end my time in Timi. And then in Cluj, Elder Dahl and I got straight to work to bring souls unto Christ! And we had a great lesson with a man named Gabriel and the Spirit once again was super strong!! He really wants to be baptized and knows the church is true, the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and he has a simple but strong testimony. We weren't able to set a baptismal date, but we really helped him and we now know what we need to do to bring him to the waters of baptism. We are keeping daily contact with him and we really hope he keeps progressing towards baptism.
Dahl and Bowen

Kemeney and Bowen - Christmas Gifts

A friend in Timisoara

I'm going to keep it short and sweet because of Christmas but I love you all and I know that this is the true church. I know that I have grown and I am a better person and I am excited for my time to come in Cluj. Merry Christmas to all of you lovely people!!!

Va iubesc,
Elder Bowen

The family at Christmas!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Ultimo, Sfârşitul, My Final Curtain

Hello all you people! For those playing at home, this is my final email that I will send as a missionary. So this email will definitely be a good one! We had a solid week here in Pitesti. We had a really good lesson with Tata Sandu where we read from Alma 7, which testifies of Jesus Christ and the importance of faith and repentance and being baptized. His health keeps him from coming to church, but he really is interested and wants to hear our message. It seems that right when we arrive, he wants to read from the Book of Mormon, which is a sign of eagerness to learn and feast upon the words of Christ. Hopefully Elder Rawhouser can continue to help his desire grow and maybe help him enter the waters of baptism. We made it a priority this week to work with members, especially to strenghten up Mihai the recent convert. This week we focused on temples on watched some videos on what goes on in the temple and what all of it means. He liked it and now we want that to be his goal to go...

Weekly words and seeing God's hand in the work.

In 2018 Elder Bowen’s dad started asking a set of questions.   First it was “What is an interesting word or phrase you have learned in Romanian?”   Later, was added, “How have you seed God’s hand in your life or the life of your friends?”   Lastly, the question, “What is something interesting you have learned about Romania?”.   These are all compiled below. 6/25/2018 A freca menta - literally means rub the mint but it's a phrase that means to waste time 7/2/2018 Mi-am dat seama – I realized 7/16/2018 A supraviețui – to survive I have definitely seen God's hand in my life every time I study in the morning, because it seems like every time I do it, it leads to something that I really needed to study for the rest of the day. 7/23/2018 A infaptui – to accomplish I saw God's hand when he touched our man Felix at church. He told me he really enjoyed church and I can tell he is really progressing. He's read up to Alma 50!!!!! 7/30/2018 a ...

Lamps and Pizza

Well hello all you cool people! This week was pretty sweet as usual! Listen up carefully! Tuesday was a pretty normal day to say the least. I had to have a doctors appointment for my visa and that was the weirdest appointment ever. I couldn't understand anything the doctor was saying and I kind of just sat there. But I am healthy!!! Later that day, Elder Dixon and I went block knocking and we met this woman named Dorina. She was very friendly and let us in and we talked with her about families. She then showed us her collection of trinkets and one of them was a little lamp. She talked about it and then out of the blue she told us that she wanted us to have it. This small, Aladdin type lamp. Definitely a weird gift but hey I will take it!   Little lamp given to me by Dorina, a woman we met Wednesday we met another woman named Pina and she is a very interesting person. She is a very sad woman because of all the hardships she has gone through. We were able to talk to he...