Skip to main content

Sfantul Bowen


Hey this was a party week (haha) so listen up!

This week we did a lot of contacting to try and get some new people to teach. We have been dry lately, but we have still been working hard to get more and more people unto Christ. We had a lesson with this guy named Theodore that I met on the street and it went pretty well. He is a young, law student who is a big truth-seeker with huge questions. So we met with him and tried to answer his questions as best as we could. He had deep, meaningful questions about God and Christ and why everything is the way it is. We shared the message of the Restoration with him and gave him a Book of Mormon and promised him that he will receive answers to his questions. The only problem is that he is shaky with prayer and its importance so we pray that he gains a testimony of prayer.

We visited some great members this week, mainly to eat food haha. We visited Daisy again because she cooked us some Filipino food, which was the highlight of the food this week haha. Moral of the story, serve your members and they will serve you ;)

So this week was my birthday and I'm very thankful for all the notes people sent this week. You all are amazing and I am very thankful for each and everyone of you. Keep being the awesome people you are and you will be blessed. So on my birthday I received the most interesting presents probably ever. Some missionaries blessed me with corn haha and then this Orthdox Priest named Alin (who is a great friend of ours) gave me an icoana of I think Jesus. Oh well, it was super cool and I enjoyed it. We then had a really fun time contacting with President Hettinger and he bought me some ice cream which was great and then we had a talent show. Many fun acts and many fun times. We really had a fun time partying and having a good time.






Work hard, play hard as people say. Don't stop working hard, but don't forget to enjoy life and the many great things you have been given. I love you all and have a great week!

Va iubesc,
Elder Bowen



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Ultimo, Sfârşitul, My Final Curtain

Hello all you people! For those playing at home, this is my final email that I will send as a missionary. So this email will definitely be a good one! We had a solid week here in Pitesti. We had a really good lesson with Tata Sandu where we read from Alma 7, which testifies of Jesus Christ and the importance of faith and repentance and being baptized. His health keeps him from coming to church, but he really is interested and wants to hear our message. It seems that right when we arrive, he wants to read from the Book of Mormon, which is a sign of eagerness to learn and feast upon the words of Christ. Hopefully Elder Rawhouser can continue to help his desire grow and maybe help him enter the waters of baptism. We made it a priority this week to work with members, especially to strenghten up Mihai the recent convert. This week we focused on temples on watched some videos on what goes on in the temple and what all of it means. He liked it and now we want that to be his goal to go...

Lamps and Pizza

Well hello all you cool people! This week was pretty sweet as usual! Listen up carefully! Tuesday was a pretty normal day to say the least. I had to have a doctors appointment for my visa and that was the weirdest appointment ever. I couldn't understand anything the doctor was saying and I kind of just sat there. But I am healthy!!! Later that day, Elder Dixon and I went block knocking and we met this woman named Dorina. She was very friendly and let us in and we talked with her about families. She then showed us her collection of trinkets and one of them was a little lamp. She talked about it and then out of the blue she told us that she wanted us to have it. This small, Aladdin type lamp. Definitely a weird gift but hey I will take it!   Little lamp given to me by Dorina, a woman we met Wednesday we met another woman named Pina and she is a very interesting person. She is a very sad woman because of all the hardships she has gone through. We were able to talk to he...

Weekly words and seeing God's hand in the work.

In 2018 Elder Bowen’s dad started asking a set of questions.   First it was “What is an interesting word or phrase you have learned in Romanian?”   Later, was added, “How have you seed God’s hand in your life or the life of your friends?”   Lastly, the question, “What is something interesting you have learned about Romania?”.   These are all compiled below. 6/25/2018 A freca menta - literally means rub the mint but it's a phrase that means to waste time 7/2/2018 Mi-am dat seama – I realized 7/16/2018 A supraviețui – to survive I have definitely seen God's hand in my life every time I study in the morning, because it seems like every time I do it, it leads to something that I really needed to study for the rest of the day. 7/23/2018 A infaptui – to accomplish I saw God's hand when he touched our man Felix at church. He told me he really enjoyed church and I can tell he is really progressing. He's read up to Alma 50!!!!! 7/30/2018 a ...