Skip to main content

Home

Hey everybody, just a little email about this past week. Nothing huge happened as I prepped to go home and leave the mission world. Packing was fun, definitely forgot a few things, but all was well when I went from Pitesti to Bucuresti. I had a fun day with my boys in Bucuresti before having my last meetings with President and Sister Hettinger and my fellow departing missionaries. Then it was time to go and let me tell you it was a pretty interesting trip from Bucuresti to Iowa. I traveled alone from Amsterdam to Minneapolis because the rest of the missionaries went straight to Salt Lake City, leaving this Iowa boy alone for 8 hours on cross Atlantic flight. But flying went well and I made it home safe and sound!

Now I'm back here in America and life has been good. I had Olive Garden as my first meal, Incredibles 2 as my first movie, and then had a fun open house where I could see most of my friends and loved ones. I also got to see a baptism my first day back so the work is still moving forward!! And then I gave my homecoming talk and it was a good feeling to be back in the ward family. Even though English is killing my butt, I'm loving it back here and I can only be grateful for the time I was able to spend in Romania. Thank you all for the love and support and I can't wait to see you all and get in contact (which is harder than I expected hahaha). Love you all and I wish for the best!

(Elder) Cole Bowen









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Ultimo, Sfârşitul, My Final Curtain

Hello all you people! For those playing at home, this is my final email that I will send as a missionary. So this email will definitely be a good one! We had a solid week here in Pitesti. We had a really good lesson with Tata Sandu where we read from Alma 7, which testifies of Jesus Christ and the importance of faith and repentance and being baptized. His health keeps him from coming to church, but he really is interested and wants to hear our message. It seems that right when we arrive, he wants to read from the Book of Mormon, which is a sign of eagerness to learn and feast upon the words of Christ. Hopefully Elder Rawhouser can continue to help his desire grow and maybe help him enter the waters of baptism. We made it a priority this week to work with members, especially to strenghten up Mihai the recent convert. This week we focused on temples on watched some videos on what goes on in the temple and what all of it means. He liked it and now we want that to be his goal to go...

Lamps and Pizza

Well hello all you cool people! This week was pretty sweet as usual! Listen up carefully! Tuesday was a pretty normal day to say the least. I had to have a doctors appointment for my visa and that was the weirdest appointment ever. I couldn't understand anything the doctor was saying and I kind of just sat there. But I am healthy!!! Later that day, Elder Dixon and I went block knocking and we met this woman named Dorina. She was very friendly and let us in and we talked with her about families. She then showed us her collection of trinkets and one of them was a little lamp. She talked about it and then out of the blue she told us that she wanted us to have it. This small, Aladdin type lamp. Definitely a weird gift but hey I will take it!   Little lamp given to me by Dorina, a woman we met Wednesday we met another woman named Pina and she is a very interesting person. She is a very sad woman because of all the hardships she has gone through. We were able to talk to he...

Weekly words and seeing God's hand in the work.

In 2018 Elder Bowen’s dad started asking a set of questions.   First it was “What is an interesting word or phrase you have learned in Romanian?”   Later, was added, “How have you seed God’s hand in your life or the life of your friends?”   Lastly, the question, “What is something interesting you have learned about Romania?”.   These are all compiled below. 6/25/2018 A freca menta - literally means rub the mint but it's a phrase that means to waste time 7/2/2018 Mi-am dat seama – I realized 7/16/2018 A supraviețui – to survive I have definitely seen God's hand in my life every time I study in the morning, because it seems like every time I do it, it leads to something that I really needed to study for the rest of the day. 7/23/2018 A infaptui – to accomplish I saw God's hand when he touched our man Felix at church. He told me he really enjoyed church and I can tell he is really progressing. He's read up to Alma 50!!!!! 7/30/2018 a ...