Skip to main content

Word of the week - Arbitru

Hey y'all what's cookin??

This was a really good week over here! I know I say that basically every week, but I really do mean it. I just came out of the week feeling really accomplished and that we have a lot going for us this next week. We've been trying hard to have as many lessons possible and we had this really great lesson with Robert. He's struggling with understanding the Book of Mormon and how to be on the right path. This lead to a very inspired lesson all about Moroni 7. We read with him and had him ask questions after verses that didn't make that much sense. So we went through and he was asking questions and we were answering them with the upcoming verses in the chapter. It was super great and the spirit was super strong and he left feeling very refreshed and excited to read the Book of Mormon again. We also have been trying from the Area Book and found this guy named Bobi, who met with the missionaries years ago. He's a young guy studying medicine and he has a problem with faith and just believing that God and having that trust in His plan. We sat down with him and the spirit was just super strong and we testified hard and we knew he felt the Spirit and he's trying once again to read the Book of Mormon and put forth trust in him so we'll see how it goes! With everyone we've got, we're doing a good job keeping daily contact and I think that helps a lot for these people's progression.

We are working harder to meet and contact members and get them more utilized in our missionary work. We are working with Emil and he's thinking even harder to find a friend to share the gospel with. But he did tell us a great place to find people so we are definitely going to find people and take that opportunity! And we have been meeting with President Iepure more and visiting other members and it's been leading to many great interactions and I think we are going to help a lot of members as time goes by. We have a plan to contact to help a lot of returning members this week and visit them with other members to start some better friendships between members. I'm excited for this week and we should have a lot great experiences that I'm looking forward to!!!

I really enjoy being a missionary. These are some of the happiest moments and even those harder days are great because I know God is helping me grow. A friend showed me a great verse and it is so true from Joshua 1:9 -Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

I love you all and I know you all will do great things this week! go and rock the world!!! Loves!

Va iubesc,
Elder Bowen



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Ultimo, Sfârşitul, My Final Curtain

Hello all you people! For those playing at home, this is my final email that I will send as a missionary. So this email will definitely be a good one! We had a solid week here in Pitesti. We had a really good lesson with Tata Sandu where we read from Alma 7, which testifies of Jesus Christ and the importance of faith and repentance and being baptized. His health keeps him from coming to church, but he really is interested and wants to hear our message. It seems that right when we arrive, he wants to read from the Book of Mormon, which is a sign of eagerness to learn and feast upon the words of Christ. Hopefully Elder Rawhouser can continue to help his desire grow and maybe help him enter the waters of baptism. We made it a priority this week to work with members, especially to strenghten up Mihai the recent convert. This week we focused on temples on watched some videos on what goes on in the temple and what all of it means. He liked it and now we want that to be his goal to go...

Lamps and Pizza

Well hello all you cool people! This week was pretty sweet as usual! Listen up carefully! Tuesday was a pretty normal day to say the least. I had to have a doctors appointment for my visa and that was the weirdest appointment ever. I couldn't understand anything the doctor was saying and I kind of just sat there. But I am healthy!!! Later that day, Elder Dixon and I went block knocking and we met this woman named Dorina. She was very friendly and let us in and we talked with her about families. She then showed us her collection of trinkets and one of them was a little lamp. She talked about it and then out of the blue she told us that she wanted us to have it. This small, Aladdin type lamp. Definitely a weird gift but hey I will take it!   Little lamp given to me by Dorina, a woman we met Wednesday we met another woman named Pina and she is a very interesting person. She is a very sad woman because of all the hardships she has gone through. We were able to talk to he...

Weekly words and seeing God's hand in the work.

In 2018 Elder Bowen’s dad started asking a set of questions.   First it was “What is an interesting word or phrase you have learned in Romanian?”   Later, was added, “How have you seed God’s hand in your life or the life of your friends?”   Lastly, the question, “What is something interesting you have learned about Romania?”.   These are all compiled below. 6/25/2018 A freca menta - literally means rub the mint but it's a phrase that means to waste time 7/2/2018 Mi-am dat seama – I realized 7/16/2018 A supraviețui – to survive I have definitely seen God's hand in my life every time I study in the morning, because it seems like every time I do it, it leads to something that I really needed to study for the rest of the day. 7/23/2018 A infaptui – to accomplish I saw God's hand when he touched our man Felix at church. He told me he really enjoyed church and I can tell he is really progressing. He's read up to Alma 50!!!!! 7/30/2018 a ...