Skip to main content

Always Learning!

Hey everyone this was a pretty great week here in Cluj!
Romaniacs!

This was a really good week here in Cluj. We had lot of opportunities to work with people and have lessons and to interact with other missionaries in the process. So we have been continually working with Gabriel and this week we had a really big focus on the commandments, especially keeping the Sabbath Day and the Word of Wisdom. And he was really into everything and he wanted to keep them and once again he promised to come to church. And to make sure he came to church, we went to his house on Saturday and had a lesson with him there. All went great and we thought he was coming to church. But out of the blue on Sunday, he told us he needed a break and that he didn't want us to call or text him anymore and that he will initiate the conversation if he wanted to meet. So that was a really hard way to end the week, but that is how it goes. We have tried our 100% best to help him and if it's not the right time, we can't force the Spirit upon him. But we have been finding new people and all is well. This new week will definitely be a good one as we continue to work with people and get them to church especially. We have a bunch of people saying they will come this next week and I am super excited to work with these people and get them progressing towards baptism. 
Shaorma

Great things are going on here in Cluj. Though we may not be having the most lessons, the most new people, the most people at church, etc., we are doing things that are growing us as missionaries. I have seen myself grow into a person I never thought I would ever become. I have become more faithful through following Jesus Christ, I have been more charitable by turning outward instead of turning inward. I've become a more diligent, more humble, and more willing to put myself out there for the Lord. If someone asked me if I would turn everything down for the Lord, I would do it because I love the Lord and I would serve him the rest of my life. So do what ever it takes to do that. Improve everything possible to become like Christ. I love you all and I hope and pray for everything to go well for you all back home!!
Sword of Gabriel

Va iubesc,
Elder Bowen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Ultimo, Sfârşitul, My Final Curtain

Hello all you people! For those playing at home, this is my final email that I will send as a missionary. So this email will definitely be a good one! We had a solid week here in Pitesti. We had a really good lesson with Tata Sandu where we read from Alma 7, which testifies of Jesus Christ and the importance of faith and repentance and being baptized. His health keeps him from coming to church, but he really is interested and wants to hear our message. It seems that right when we arrive, he wants to read from the Book of Mormon, which is a sign of eagerness to learn and feast upon the words of Christ. Hopefully Elder Rawhouser can continue to help his desire grow and maybe help him enter the waters of baptism. We made it a priority this week to work with members, especially to strenghten up Mihai the recent convert. This week we focused on temples on watched some videos on what goes on in the temple and what all of it means. He liked it and now we want that to be his goal to go...

Lamps and Pizza

Well hello all you cool people! This week was pretty sweet as usual! Listen up carefully! Tuesday was a pretty normal day to say the least. I had to have a doctors appointment for my visa and that was the weirdest appointment ever. I couldn't understand anything the doctor was saying and I kind of just sat there. But I am healthy!!! Later that day, Elder Dixon and I went block knocking and we met this woman named Dorina. She was very friendly and let us in and we talked with her about families. She then showed us her collection of trinkets and one of them was a little lamp. She talked about it and then out of the blue she told us that she wanted us to have it. This small, Aladdin type lamp. Definitely a weird gift but hey I will take it!   Little lamp given to me by Dorina, a woman we met Wednesday we met another woman named Pina and she is a very interesting person. She is a very sad woman because of all the hardships she has gone through. We were able to talk to he...

Weekly words and seeing God's hand in the work.

In 2018 Elder Bowen’s dad started asking a set of questions.   First it was “What is an interesting word or phrase you have learned in Romanian?”   Later, was added, “How have you seed God’s hand in your life or the life of your friends?”   Lastly, the question, “What is something interesting you have learned about Romania?”.   These are all compiled below. 6/25/2018 A freca menta - literally means rub the mint but it's a phrase that means to waste time 7/2/2018 Mi-am dat seama – I realized 7/16/2018 A supraviețui – to survive I have definitely seen God's hand in my life every time I study in the morning, because it seems like every time I do it, it leads to something that I really needed to study for the rest of the day. 7/23/2018 A infaptui – to accomplish I saw God's hand when he touched our man Felix at church. He told me he really enjoyed church and I can tell he is really progressing. He's read up to Alma 50!!!!! 7/30/2018 a ...