Skip to main content

Throw That Javelin!!!




This week was a really interesting, but great week. For me, it was spent mostly outside of Cluj, but we still did great work wherever we were. We've still been working hard to work with Gabriel, our man on baptismal date, and it's been good/bad. He is continuing to read the Book of Mormon and a Gospel Principles book and is really liking it, but he has been pretty flaky as well. He's been making excuses to not come to lessons or to church and when we asked him if we could visit him at his place, he was very against the idea. We hope that this week is better and that we can sit down with him and reset our expectations, especially with coming to church. He has good desires, but I don't know if he is looking for the eternal perspective. We also are working with Robert, the miracle man. He is a very open person, and he is willing to pray to find the truth. We hope that this week we can continue to help grow his faith and trust in God. Other than that, we haven't been able to do much but this next week will be a great week with lessons and inviting more souls unto Christ!

We also had a great time with mission tour and MLC with Elder Sabin so that was awesome! The Spirit was so strong and I was glad I had that opportunity to go. The biggest thing I learned was that we need to throw the javelin through our distractions so we can focus on what is most important. That is my challenge for all of you this week and I know that as we try to focus on God in front of everything else, we will be blessed. I love you all and I hope all is great back home!!

Va iubesc,
Elder Bowen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Ultimo, Sfârşitul, My Final Curtain

Hello all you people! For those playing at home, this is my final email that I will send as a missionary. So this email will definitely be a good one! We had a solid week here in Pitesti. We had a really good lesson with Tata Sandu where we read from Alma 7, which testifies of Jesus Christ and the importance of faith and repentance and being baptized. His health keeps him from coming to church, but he really is interested and wants to hear our message. It seems that right when we arrive, he wants to read from the Book of Mormon, which is a sign of eagerness to learn and feast upon the words of Christ. Hopefully Elder Rawhouser can continue to help his desire grow and maybe help him enter the waters of baptism. We made it a priority this week to work with members, especially to strenghten up Mihai the recent convert. This week we focused on temples on watched some videos on what goes on in the temple and what all of it means. He liked it and now we want that to be his goal to go...

Lamps and Pizza

Well hello all you cool people! This week was pretty sweet as usual! Listen up carefully! Tuesday was a pretty normal day to say the least. I had to have a doctors appointment for my visa and that was the weirdest appointment ever. I couldn't understand anything the doctor was saying and I kind of just sat there. But I am healthy!!! Later that day, Elder Dixon and I went block knocking and we met this woman named Dorina. She was very friendly and let us in and we talked with her about families. She then showed us her collection of trinkets and one of them was a little lamp. She talked about it and then out of the blue she told us that she wanted us to have it. This small, Aladdin type lamp. Definitely a weird gift but hey I will take it!   Little lamp given to me by Dorina, a woman we met Wednesday we met another woman named Pina and she is a very interesting person. She is a very sad woman because of all the hardships she has gone through. We were able to talk to he...

Weekly words and seeing God's hand in the work.

In 2018 Elder Bowen’s dad started asking a set of questions.   First it was “What is an interesting word or phrase you have learned in Romanian?”   Later, was added, “How have you seed God’s hand in your life or the life of your friends?”   Lastly, the question, “What is something interesting you have learned about Romania?”.   These are all compiled below. 6/25/2018 A freca menta - literally means rub the mint but it's a phrase that means to waste time 7/2/2018 Mi-am dat seama – I realized 7/16/2018 A supraviețui – to survive I have definitely seen God's hand in my life every time I study in the morning, because it seems like every time I do it, it leads to something that I really needed to study for the rest of the day. 7/23/2018 A infaptui – to accomplish I saw God's hand when he touched our man Felix at church. He told me he really enjoyed church and I can tell he is really progressing. He's read up to Alma 50!!!!! 7/30/2018 a ...