Skip to main content

Pace Domnul Domnul Pace

Tulips.  Pitesti is apparently famous for them


Hello everybody!!! This was a fire week and success was quite common this week!!!

Tuesday we were fortunate to have the opportunity to meet with a investigator in the morning but it turned out to be very interesting. This investigator's name is Luminta and she is a Pentecostal and every time we meet with her, she greets us by saying "Pace Domnul" which means Peace Lord. So that was really weird and then she took us to a store and ended up buying us button-up white shirts! We tried to refuse but she kept saying her Pace Domnul so we let her do it. She really loves us and it showed hahaha. 


Wednesday was an awesome day as we kept the work progressing here in Pitesti. We set another baptismal date for May 12th with a guy named Mihai and this really got people pumped. President Hettinger is so pumped for us, mainly cause Pitesti has not had a baptism is 5 years and now we have 2 dates set!!! I'm super pumped for what is to come and Mihai is absolutely great!!!!!!

Thursday was a pretty normal day as we had to do some work for Elder Solov'iov's visa. But we still managed to do good things so that's all that matters.  Hopefully all this work will pay off in the end haha.
 
Pitesti is a beautiful city

Friday we had the great opportunity to do service for a member named Marius. We helped him in his garden and to dig some dirt hahah. We were with him from 8 in the morning till 4 in the afternoon, but we were lucky to get some good food for our hard work haha.
 
Elder Solov'iov with a street performer

The weekend was full of a lot of stuff. We checked out a tulip festival that Pitesti has every year. Turns out they are the tulip city of Romania so that is pretty fun!! We also had a great time at church as Mihai came to church and is continuing to love everything!!! This week we didn't do much contacting, but we were definitely blessed with baptismal dates and great service to take up that time!







I love you and miss you all! Keep being awesome and rock the world!!!
 
Fountains at night

Va iubesc,
Elder Bowen
 
Pitesti Sunset

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Ultimo, Sfârşitul, My Final Curtain

Hello all you people! For those playing at home, this is my final email that I will send as a missionary. So this email will definitely be a good one! We had a solid week here in Pitesti. We had a really good lesson with Tata Sandu where we read from Alma 7, which testifies of Jesus Christ and the importance of faith and repentance and being baptized. His health keeps him from coming to church, but he really is interested and wants to hear our message. It seems that right when we arrive, he wants to read from the Book of Mormon, which is a sign of eagerness to learn and feast upon the words of Christ. Hopefully Elder Rawhouser can continue to help his desire grow and maybe help him enter the waters of baptism. We made it a priority this week to work with members, especially to strenghten up Mihai the recent convert. This week we focused on temples on watched some videos on what goes on in the temple and what all of it means. He liked it and now we want that to be his goal to go...

Lamps and Pizza

Well hello all you cool people! This week was pretty sweet as usual! Listen up carefully! Tuesday was a pretty normal day to say the least. I had to have a doctors appointment for my visa and that was the weirdest appointment ever. I couldn't understand anything the doctor was saying and I kind of just sat there. But I am healthy!!! Later that day, Elder Dixon and I went block knocking and we met this woman named Dorina. She was very friendly and let us in and we talked with her about families. She then showed us her collection of trinkets and one of them was a little lamp. She talked about it and then out of the blue she told us that she wanted us to have it. This small, Aladdin type lamp. Definitely a weird gift but hey I will take it!   Little lamp given to me by Dorina, a woman we met Wednesday we met another woman named Pina and she is a very interesting person. She is a very sad woman because of all the hardships she has gone through. We were able to talk to he...

Weekly words and seeing God's hand in the work.

In 2018 Elder Bowen’s dad started asking a set of questions.   First it was “What is an interesting word or phrase you have learned in Romanian?”   Later, was added, “How have you seed God’s hand in your life or the life of your friends?”   Lastly, the question, “What is something interesting you have learned about Romania?”.   These are all compiled below. 6/25/2018 A freca menta - literally means rub the mint but it's a phrase that means to waste time 7/2/2018 Mi-am dat seama – I realized 7/16/2018 A supraviețui – to survive I have definitely seen God's hand in my life every time I study in the morning, because it seems like every time I do it, it leads to something that I really needed to study for the rest of the day. 7/23/2018 A infaptui – to accomplish I saw God's hand when he touched our man Felix at church. He told me he really enjoyed church and I can tell he is really progressing. He's read up to Alma 50!!!!! 7/30/2018 a ...